Friday 8AM - 2PM
University of Mt. Olive at Washington
- Higher Education
Brief History of the University of Mount Olive at Washington
• October 3, 2005— Marked the opening of Mount Olive College at Washington with only four staff members.
• October 18, 2005— The first 10 students started Cohort 1 pursuing Bachelor of Science degrees in Management and Organizational Development.
• 2007—The College graduated its first group of students in the programs of Management and Organizational Development, Early Childhood Education, Criminal Justice Administration, and General Studies.
• 2008—The College expanded adding 5000 SQFT; four classrooms, a computer lab, and four faculty offices to the existing space.
• January 2014— Mount Olive College became the University of Mount Olive and approval was granted to offer graduate level programming, starting with the MBA degree.
• Past — In the past 10 years, the University of Mount Olive at Washington has graduated over 800 students.
• Present—There are currently 10 undergraduate majors offered at the University of Mount Olive at Washington. Two faculty members have offices in Washington and there are seven staff members.
• Future- The University of Mount Olive at Washington in conjunction with the institution as a whole, will continue to grow and prosper as we look to the future to meet the educational needs of tomorrow’s students and to fulfill the University’s mission to serve our Creator, our community, and our University family.
Member EventsThursday Apr 27, 2017...read more
Right off of Highway 264 before entering into the city limits of Washington, North Carolina